Bartender E-Interview: Matt Luque
Meet Matt Luque!
I have been a bartender at San Francisco watering-holes such as, The Casanova Lounge, Hemlock Tavern, The Makeout Room,
The Latin American Club, The Hotel Utah, and The Mission Hill Saloon ( old Sadie’s Flying Elephant ).
….I guess you could say I get around.
I am a practicing Shiatsu/ Acupressure body-worker/life-long student… business cards are in the works (hint hint Laura)
I have been the lead guitarist in the black metal band Artificium Sanguis and the black/thrash/doom band One Hundred Suns. Look ’em up!
1) Where are you from originally?
Philly. Or as it’s lovingly known by it’s natives as “Philth-and-Smellthia”
2) What are three words that describe you?
A Hand Full (that’s cheating, I know)
3) If you could only drink one drink for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Some kind of cold tasty fruit juice with lot’s of ice. On the alcohol(ic) side : Casadores Reprosado with a lime.
4) What is the best drink to get while watching a San Francisco 49ers game at the GG Tap Room?
Not sure – the Niner’s haven’t played since the Taproom has been open. But if I was to venture a guess…beer.
5) What is the best thing about GG Tap Room?
The bartenders and the video game console with 20 old school video games… and the skee ball ( yeah, skeeball !)
6) What do you love about San Francisco?
I’ve been here for 23 years so that is a question that would take very long to answer…
San Francisco is a gem in the mire of this whacky, mixed-up country. oh…and the food.
7) The best band/artist that you saw at Outside Lands (Past seasons or recently)?
Man, Paul McCartney blew me away. I don’t know why I was so surprised – the man is a frikkin’ Beatle ! He could have played
for twelve more hours and no one would have complained. Everything ( except the crappy sound in the beginning ) about the set
was stellar. There’s a reason he’s the king.
Metallica’s set last year was the best I ‘ve seen them play since ’90 and I’ve seen them about 16 times. It was like the old real days.